Sahakarya Nepal-Sindhuli has been implementing a short project (Aug 2020 to May 2021) through the financial support of UNDP and Dudhauli Municipality, Sindhuli.
Project location: Dudhauli Municipality
The overall objective of the project is socio-economic recovery of the COVID-19 impacted families through implementation of the inclusive and market driven agriculture and livestock-based enterprises.
The specific objective of the project is
- To increase the income of most vulnerable and COVID-19 impacted families through the adoption of market driven farm-based enterprises and value addition.
- To establish market oriented and community lead enterprises through the strengthened local cooperatives by value chain approaches.
Core SDG Priority Areas (Goals and Targets):
SDG 1: No Poverty
SDG 2: Zero Hunger
Contribution to other SDGs (Goals and Target):
Goal 8: Decent work and Economic growth
Goal 10: Reduced Inequality
Sahakarya Nepal, Sindhuli is a partner of CDM Smith for implementation of social mobilization for implementation of Nepal Reconstruction Engineering Services for construction (NRES) of 3 schools and 4 health faculties in earthquake affected area of the Sindhuli district.
Photo: Glimpse during Ground breaking ceremony of Kapilakot PHCC at Kapilakot, Sindhuli
Sahakarya Nepal-Sindhuli has been implementing a 3 years (Jan 2020 to Dec 2022) project which has focused to enhance economic opportunities and equality for socially marginalized and economically poor men and women from 1500 house holds as direct right holders in Marin and Hariharpurgadhi Rural Municipalities of Sindhuli district. This project has mainly three outcomes
– Sustainable access to affordable finance for target right holders through well-functioning cooperatives
– Strengthened income and employment opportunities for marginalized families through on-farm and off- farm based enterprises.
– Marginalized groups (women, single women and persons with disabilities) influenced decision making of local governments and other institutions in their society
Photo: Capacity Building training for cooperative member
Sahakarya Nepal, Sindhuli, in coordination with Federation of Women Entrepreneurs’ Association of Nepal (FWEAN) has been implementing a three years (Jan 2018 to Dec 2020) project “Women Employment through Sustainable Access to Finance and Skills (WESAF)” with the financial support from WB/FCA. The objective of this project is to promote the economic and social rights of women in the target area of Sindhuli district by developing, expanding and strengthening women-led local institutions.
Photo: SIYB training to cooperative members
Sahakarya Nepal-Sindhuli has been implementing the SAMMAN project from 2016 to Sept 2020 through the financial support of GSK/Care Nepal which has focused to train the health workers on skilled birth attendants, MNH update, Implant insertion and obstetric first aid. In addition it has launched birth preparedness package (BPP) in the entire district and m-Health program in two palika, equipment supports, Community Health Score Board (CHSB) scaling up, SATH tools to health mother groups etc.
Photo: Supporting haemolytic Analyzer to District Hospital Sindhuli