Sahakarya Nepal, Sindhuli is a non-profit making non-governmental organization registered in District Administration Office, Sindhuli, Government of Nepal on October 10, 2004 (Aswin 24, 2061). It was established by a group of social workers with the commitment of fighting against deep-rooted social problems, racial and gender based discriminations, acute poverty, traditional behavior, superstitious thinking and promoting education, health and nutrition, social accountability, transparency, good governance, employment and enterprises.
In order to uplift the socio-economic status of socially deprived and economically poor communities like Dalit, Janajati, Danawar, Mushar, Majhi living in the Sindhuli district, Sahakarya Nepal has been implementing various development interventions relating to livelihood, health, education, entrepreneurship development to fight for protecting their basic human rights. Through the social mobilization, it has been played a vital role in developing capacity and empowering the community people to reduce the poverty.
It works in the field of livelihood and entrepreneurship, health and sanitation, education, gender equality and social inclusion, disaster risk reduction, good governance, social accountability and climate change. It also provides counseling for Nepalese women and youth in promoting safer migration and entrepreneurship development.
Development of prosperous society with equality, justice and freedom.
To organize Dalit, Janajati, poor, women, children, youth and disadvantaged community to be self-reliant through the empowerment, employment creation, human rights protection and improved health status.
To improve the economic, educational, social, cultural and health status of children, youth, women and human rights situation of Dalit, ethnic minorities, women, children and disadvantaged community through integrated community development approaches.
- To conduct activities for social change by empowering men and women for their all-round development.
- To conduct development activities relating to adult, child and adolescent education, environment conservation and plantation, safe drinking water and sanitation and support government and non-governmental organization in effective conduction of these activities.
- To implement and conduct programs in the field of women and child development, gender based violence to enable women’s self-reliance.
- To implement health related activities with creating awareness about diarrheal diseases, family planning, HIV/AIDS and sexually transmitted diseases.
- To collect and manage contemporary new-papers, books and literatures to enhance academic status of the people.
- To support conflict affected families for their appropriate re-habitation.
- To support in protecting and promoting the human rights.
- To promote social accountability, transparency and good governance among public and government organizations through citizen awareness campaign with involvements of community people.
- To increase access among the poor, disadvantaged and marginalized groups in school education through infrastructure development, coordination, advocacy and public campaign.
- To create awareness among the community people about disaster preparedness to minimize risks of natural disaster and support victims for rescue, re-habitation and reconstruction process.
- To enhance socio-economic empowerment of poor, disadvantaged, Dalit, Janjati and women through generating employment and entrepreneurship development at community level.
- To conduct the entrepreneurship development and vocational trainings to develop rural micro enterprises and marketing linkages.
- To provide information, vocational trainings for those who want to go for foreign employment and counsel them for their self-security and personal achievements.
- To enhance community level capacity in identifying and reducing risks from climate change that affects in agriculture, human health, livelihood and social development and support community for conducting preparedness activities for risk reduction.
Inclusive participation; transparency; democratic decision; accountability; impartiality and sustainability